EDITED: contest date shifted one day. Instead of July 14 – 16, it will be July 15 – 17.
Flash on the Fly is back this summer
with guest judge, Tiffany Michelle Brown!
Tiffany Michelle Brown is a California-based writer who once had a conversation with a ghost over a pumpkin beer. She is the author of the collection How Lovely To Be a Woman: Stories and Poems and co-host of the Horror in the Margins podcast. Her fiction and poetry has been featured in publications by Black Spot Books, Dread Stone Press, Death Knell Press, Cemetery Gates Media, and the NoSleep Podcast. Tiffany lives near the beach with her husband Bryan, their pup Zen, and their combined collections of books, board games, and general geekery.
Follow Tiffany on Twitter
How quickly can you go from reading the open call to submitting a story? Can you do it in 2 days?
HOW IT WORKS:
On Saturday, July 15th, 2023, we will announce the horror subgenre and a theme. From the time the announcement goes public, you’ll have only 48 hours to conceive, write, and submit a flash fiction story of 500-1000 words. The stories will be judged by Tiffany Michelle Brown, and a single winner will be selected for a $50 cash prize and publication on the Death Knell Press website (non-exclusive contract. Author retains all rights to the story).
HOW TO ENTER:
- Free to enter.
- Come to the Death Knell Press website or look for posts on Death Knell Press’ Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram feeds on Saturday, July 15th at 10AM EDT.
- Read the posted guidelines for entry.
- Come up with a brilliant idea!
- Write a 500 – 1000 word story that adheres to the subgenre, theme, and other guidelines.
- Submit a .docx file to the contest email address (which will be provided with the forthcoming guidelines) no later than the DEADLINE: 48-hours later, on Monday, July 17th by 10AM EDT.
- Subscribe to receive an email update when the contest goes live (optional).